
Is anyone in North America aware that the rugby world cup is currently taking place in France? Did anyone know that Canada is in it? Canada actually quite well, not quite losing all their games and managing to tie Japan. However, the world has been in agreement that rugby is currently dominated by the southern hemisphere with NZ, Aussie and South Africa the only "real" teams in the competition.
Well that all changed this weekend when Aussie lost to England and NZ lost to France in their quarter final matches. I actually woke up early to go watch the game over breakfast in a pub. I was so nervous for the All Blacks and was completely stunned with the loss. All of NZ seems to be in mourning today. The coach is likely to be fired (or resign) and there's meant to be some sort of inquest into the loss. Rugby is a BIG deal in NZ.
The next world cup will take place in Auckland in 2011 and I'll be there supporting Canada. As for this one, SA play Argentina and England vs. France in the semi finals. My money's on SA to go all the way.

In other news... Happy Thanksgiving. And how did I spend Thanksgiving? Working. I wish I could take the Canadian holidays off. Oh well, Labour Day is coming up soon here.
No comments:
Post a Comment