My friend Robyn and I went camping with our 5 dogs in Tauranga this weekend. It was Tui's first camping trip and she and Howie had a great time. This was also my first camping trip in NZ and it was nice to explore a new part of NZ. Tauranga is on the East cost of the North Island, about 2.5 hours from Auckland. It was nice to get out of the city and see lots and lots of sheep. The beaches in NZ are beautiful and I still can't get over how uncrowded they are.
Here's Howie and my new tent (yes we went CAR camping)
I still can't believe that it's warm enough to go camping in May. I was even wearing a t-shirt at one point.
There was plenty of swimming and romps on the beach.
We had great weather until it was time to pack up and leave, which we did in the rain.
I'm going to try to link to the all of the pictures on Flickr. Please be patient as I try to figure Flickr out. In the future I'll try to keep most of the pictures on Flickr, which will leave more room for actualy writing on the blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment