
Today we saw our first live possum in NZ. We were down at the beach and Howie caught the sent of something yummy in the grass near the sea cliff. I assumed it was a dead possum somewhere up the cliff and didn't think too much of it as Howie can't really climb the cliff to get it. But then he stuck his head deep in the grass and came out shaking a screaming possum. After some vigorous shaking (Howie) and screaming (the possum), Howie started screaming too as the possum seemed to get a hold of Howie's nose. Howie let go and I ran and grabbed him. The possum was still alive and just laid there on its back looking at us terrified. About a minute later it just ran up a tree. I'm not sure if the possum will survive, but miraculously Howie doesn't seem to have a scratch on him.
No comments:
Post a Comment